Sunday, June 17, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
1. I use 4 different languages/ dialects everyday: I speak a Cantonese dialect at home （開平話，四邑話的一種），switch to Cantonese or Mandarin when talking with my friends, and lastly speak English in public. I found that is normal in Toronto.
2. I love nuts.
3. I am 15 years older than my brother.
4. Still, I don’t feel comfortable when knitting in public.
5. I have BIG trouble doing any kinds of car parking. If I get stuck, I cry and panic, and totally have no idea how to adjust my car position properly.
6. My favourite novel is “Dream of the Red Mansion” （紅樓夢）。I can’t live without it.
7. I want to learn flower arrangement, Chinese painting, and silk embroidery someday.
8. I just get started learning how to sew. Here is the proof:
My first sewing proejct.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Jeager Aqua - the best quality handknit cotton yarn I've ever seen.
Rowan 4-ply soft - for socks.
A bag of DB Aran Tweed - $35.
Last week, I also visited two new yarns stores – an Argentina one --> Americo in Queen West, and a Chinese one --> Finery Hand Knitting yarn & Accessories Ltd. in New Century Plaza, Markham. Thank you Lilian for telling me this store. And of course, I got more yarns:
Very fine Japanese cotton yarn.
Twenty balls of traditional wool yarn - $40.
Americo is decorated in a primitive accent, and most of their yarns are handspun.
And more yarns hunted in other places:
And more yarns to exhibit next time...
Lastly, my poor knitting – I finished a Jaywalker:
P.S Beside knitting and crochet and a bit of cross-stitch and embroidery, I am going to learn sewing (finally)!!! I will attend sewing lessons every Saturday this summer. Ah! Isn’t that exciting!